There are a lot of different types of candy, but there are some that seem to stand out more than others. One type of candy that seems to be very popular is candy that starts with the letter E. There are a lot of different kinds of candy that start with the letter E, so it can be tough to decide which one is the best. In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the most popular types of candy that start with the letter E and we will try to figure out which one is the best. Stay tuned for our findings!
What Are 10 Popular Types of Candy That Start with the Letter E?
There are a lot of delicious candies that start with the letter E! Here are 10 popular types of candy that begin with E:
1. Eclipse Mints:
These refreshing mints are a great pick-me-up any time of day.
How to Make Eclipse Mints?
- 1 pound of white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of shortening
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add the peppermint extract and shortening, mix well. Pour into molds and refrigerate until firm. Enjoy your delicious eclipse mints!
2. Extra Gum:
This long-lasting gum is perfect for those who want to enjoy a flavorful chew for a while.
How to Make Extra Gum?
It’s pretty easy to make your own extra gum. All you need is some sugar, water, corn syrup, and a little bit of flavor.
Here’s what you do:
- Combine sugar, water, and corn syrup in a pot over medium heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add your desired flavoring. We like mint or fruit flavors, but feel free to experiment!
- Pour the mixture into a mold or onto a sheet of wax paper and let it cool completely.
- Once it’s hardened, cut or tear into pieces and enjoy!
3. Eskimo Pies:
These chocolate-covered ice cream bars are a classic treat that always hits the spot.
How to Make Eskimo Pies?
If you want to make your own Eskimo Pies at home, the process is actually quite simple. Start by melting some chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave. Once the chocolate is melted, add in your desired flavorings and mix well. Then, using a spoon or spatula, spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the surface of a marshmallow. Be sure to work quickly so that the chocolate does not harden before you are finished.
Once the chocolate has been evenly spread, place the marshmallow in the freezer for about an hour or until the chocolate has hardened. Once the chocolate is hard, you can then cut the Eskimo Pie into whatever shape you desire. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for later. Enjoy!
4. Everton Mints:
These classic mints have a strong, refreshing flavor that is perfect for keeping your breath smelling great.
How to Make Everton Mints?
Everton Mints are delicious chocolate mints that are perfect for any occasion. Here’s how you can make your own Everton Mints at home:
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, milk, corn syrup, peppermint extract, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook the mixture, stirring frequently, until it comes to a boil.
- Once the mixture has reached a boiling point, continue to cook it for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a mold or onto a sheet tray lined with parchment paper, and let it harden.
- Once the mints have hardened, remove them from the mold or parchment paper and enjoy!
5. Eat-More Bars:
These chewy, chocolatey bars are a favorite among kids and adults alike.
How to Make Eat-More Bars?
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan. In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix well and press into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips. Spread over the cooled crust. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into bars.
6. Endangered Species Chocolate:
This ethically-sourced chocolate brand features unique flavors like African olive and Sumatran tiger.
How to Make Endangered Species Chocolate?
You can make your own endangered species chocolate at home with just a few simple ingredients! All you need is some chocolate, cocoa butter, and a mold of your favorite endangered animal.
First, melt the chocolate and cocoa butter together in a double boiler. Once melted, pour the chocolate into the mold, being sure to fill all the way to the top. Tap the mold on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles.
Place the mold in the refrigerator for about an hour, or until the chocolate is completely solidified. Once solidified, carefully pop each chocolate out of the mold and enjoy!
7. Ernestine’s Heavenly Hash:
This old-fashioned candy is made with real marshmallows and chocolate chips for a heavenly treat.
How to Make Ernestine’s Heavenly Hash?
Ernestine’s Heavenly Hash is a delicious and easy to make candy that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe makes approximately 40 pieces of candy.
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chopped nuts (if desired).
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Allow the candy to cool completely before cutting into squares.
8. English Toffee:
This classic toffee is perfect for those who enjoy a sweet and nutty flavor.
How to Make English Toffee?
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unblanched whole almonds, toasted, cooled, and coarsely chopped (about 6 ounces)
- 6 ounces good-quality milk chocolate, chopped
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Butter the foil.
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the toasted almonds. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the milk chocolate in a medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and pour over the almond mixture, spreading evenly.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into small squares and serve. Enjoy!
9. Everlasting Gobstoppers:
These jawbreakers change color as you chew them, making for a fun and tasty experience.
How to Make Everlasting Gobstoppers?
The first thing you need to do is gather your ingredients. You will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- Food coloring
- A small, clean paintbrush
Start by heating the sugar, corn syrup, and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is bubbling. Then, remove from heat and add a few drops of food coloring and flavoring. Stir until combined.
Next, working quickly, use the paintbrush to coat the inside of each mold with the candy mixture. Be sure to coat evenly and completely. If there are any bare spots, the Gobstoppers will be broken and won’t be as pretty.
Finally, let the Gobstoppers harden for at least an hour before enjoying. Store in an airtight container for best results.
And that’s all there is to it! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can make your very own Gobstoppers that will last forever (or at least until you decide to eat them). Enjoy!
10. Eye Poppers:
These candy eyeballs are perfect for Halloween or any other time you want to add a bit of spooky fun to your treats!
How to Make Eye Poppers?
All you need to make these homemade Eye Poppers are 3 simple ingredients
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of shortening
- Candy eyeballs
- Begin by melting your chocolate chips and shortening together. The best way to do this is in a microwave safe bowl, heating in 30 second increments and stirring until completely smooth.
- Once melted, begin spooning the chocolate mixture into each mold, filling about half way full. Gently tap the mold on the counter a few times so that the chocolate settles and there are no air bubbles.
- Place candy eyeballs into each mold, pushing down slightly so that they are seated in the chocolate.
- Spoon remaining chocolate over the eyeballs, again tapping the mold on the counter a few times to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until completely set.
- Pop out of molds and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Where to Buy Candy That Starts with E?
If you’re looking for candy that starts with the letter E, there are a few places you can look. The first place you can look is your local grocery store. Many grocery stores carry a variety of different types of candy, so you should be able to find what you’re looking for without too much trouble.
Another place you can look is a candy store. Candy stores usually have a wide selection of candy, so you should be able to find what you’re looking for there as well. Finally, you can always look online for candy that starts with the letter E. There are a lot of different websites that sell candy, so you should be able to find what you’re looking for without too much trouble.
Don’t miss out on your chance to get these delicious treats! Order now and enjoy the sweet, satisfied feeling that comes with eating candy that starts with the letter ‘E’.
Read more at Ohsnap Cupcakes!