When most people think of meatballs, they think of Italian food. But there are so many different ways to make meatballs that they can be a part of any cuisine. In this blog post, we’ll give you some ideas for what to eat with meatballs, no matter what type of cuisine you’re in the mood for. Enjoy!
What are the Benefits of Eating Meatballs?
There are many benefits of eating meatballs. For one, they’re an excellent source of protein. They’re also a good source of iron and other minerals, and they’re low in fat. Additionally, meatballs can be a healthy addition to any diet, as they’re typically made with lean meats and healthy ingredients. Finally, meatballs are a versatile food that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways, making them a perfect option for any meal or snack.
What to Eat with Meatballs?
Meatballs are one of the most versatile dishes you can have with your meal. They can be served along with pasta, rice, and even mashed potatoes. But if you want to add that extra kick of flavor to your meatball dish, what should you pair it with? Luckily for you, there are several options:
- Pastas – no matter what kind of pasta recipe you have in mind—be it spaghetti, fusilli or tortellini—pairing them up with meatballs is always a good idea. Choose either the creamy or tomato-based sauces and then cook the meatballs separately so they keep their shape and don’t fall apart upon cooking!
- Rice – rice is another great partner for meatballs. If you want to make your meal more carb-heavy, try serving rice pilaf or a simple white rice with your meatballs.
- Potatoes – if you’re looking for something that will fill you up faster and which is even more filling than classic mashed potatoes, try pairing them with roasted quartered potatoes instead! This savory side dish pairs perfectly with any kind of creamy or tomato-based sauce used in the meatballs.
- Soups – another way to eat meatballs? Pair it with some piping hot soup! Whether you want a zesty broth or a hearty cream base, there’s always room for extra protein and veggies in each spoonful! Just make sure you cook your meatballs separately and then add them right before serving.
- Sandwiches – a great option for lunch or dinner, meatball sandwiches are always a huge hit! Whether served on regular sandwich buns or crispy French rolls, they pair well with any kind of sauce used on the meatballs. Try making some barbecue-style grilled cheese sandwiches—you won’t regret it!
What Are the Best Meatball Brands in the Market Today?
There are a lot of great meatball brands out there, but our favorites are definitely these three:
1. Gia Russa – this Italian brand is known for their delicious pasta sauces, but their meatballs are just as good! Made with 100% beef, they’re perfect for any kind of Italian dish you have in mind.
2. Johnsonville – this American brand is a favorite among many for their high-quality meats. Their meatballs are made with a mix of pork and beef, making them extra flavorful and moist. Perfect for any kind of dish!
3. Ikea – who doesn’t love Swedish meatballs? If you’re looking for an easy way to make this dish at home, just pick up a pack of Ikea’s frozen meatballs—they’re delicious and so convenient to cook!
There you have it— everything you need to know about meatballs, from what to eat with them to the best brands in the market today.
Frequently Asked Questions | What to Eat with Meatballs
If you love meatballs, but are not sure what to eat with them, then you have come to the right place. Below you will find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about what goes well with this classic dish.
1. What types of side dishes go well with meatballs?
Meatballs pair well with a wide range of side dishes, from traditional options like mashed potatoes and pasta, to unexpected choices such as fresh salads or roasted vegetables. If you want something light and flavorful, try serving your meatballs over a bed of steamed rice or quinoa.
2. Can I use different types of meat for my meatballs?
Absolutely! In fact, many chefs recommend using a combination of meats for the ultimate meatball recipe. Popular options include ground chicken, pork, beef and lamb, or a mixture of two or more of these.
3. Are there any tricks for preventing my meatballs from falling apart?
One great way to keep your meatballs from crumbling is to be sure that you handle the raw meat as little as possible. Use a light touch when rolling out and shaping your meatballs, and try cooking them in oil instead of braising them in liquid.
4. How should I cook my meatballs?
There are many different ways to cook meatballs, including frying them in a skillet over medium-high heat, baking them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or gently simmering them in a pot of sauce on the stove. Experiment with different cooking methods and seasonings to come up with your ideal meatball dish.
5. Are there any meats that are not well-suited for making meatballs?
While most types of ground meat will work well for making meatballs, some cooks recommend avoiding more fatty cuts like lamb or pork sausage, as these can make your finished dish very greasy. Always choose a high-quality, lean ground meat when making your next batch of homemade meatballs.
6. How can I jazz up my traditional veal and beef meatball recipe?
One easy way to add excitement to an old favorite is to experiment with new herbs and spices in your meatball seasoning blend. Try incorporating bold flavors like smoked paprika, garlic powder or dried oregano for a flavor-packed twist on the classic.
7. What are some good ways to serve my meatballs?
There are many delicious options for serving meatballs, from traditional dishes like spaghetti and meatballs to more creative twists such as meatball subs or lettuce wraps. Be sure to allow plenty of time to cook your meatballs before serving them so they will stay hot throughout your meal.
Now that you know what dishes go well with meatballs, you’re ready to make your next family dinner or social gathering a hit!Will you be trying any of these pairings? Do you have any favorite meatball recipes that we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments below.
Read more at Ohsnap Cupcakes!